Simple Few Tips For Working From Home

Naijarave.com.ng

Your working space needs to be somewhere that inspires you. For me, that’s my open-plan kitchen. It’s the lightest room in the house, and all that extra light keeps my mind sharp and focused. I like to get comfy, but not too comfy otherwise I might fall asleep (writing in bed is a no-no for me). So, you’ll usually find me sitting at the kitchen table, laptop and to-do list at the ready. 

After two years of freelancing, I saved enough money to buy myself a super lightweight laptop. It’s been a godsend, but I still couldn’t live without an old-fashioned notebook and pen. I have three: a daily planner for my to-do list, a simple diary and a blank book to fill with ideas. Every piece of work I produce for a client starts out as a list or a mind-map on paper – once I’ve got the basics, I move to my computer. I just find my brains works better that way, but experiment and see what works for you. This has revolutionised my focus lists.

The hardest bit about working from your kitchen table is knowing when it’s time to switch off. Some people work better without boundaries, but I’m a firm believer in setting yourself your own office hours. I work when my kids are at school, and then sometimes for another couple of hours in the evenings. But these aren’t firm rules – and if a project feels stuck, then taking some time out is often the best cure and will lead to greater productivity in the long-run. 

Toheeb Jibola

Toheeb Jibola as a Blogger has always been passionate about Technology, Tutorials and Free Browsing as well as writing right from high school. Having this blog gave him the avenue to bring the goodness of technology to everyone. facebook twitter instagram telegram

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post